Friday, May 7, 2010

Let's Take a Look at the Materials, Hand-outs, and Books!

While I believe that most of the material in this class was valuable, I do believe that some material was more valuable than others.

I'll take a different approach when evaluating the materials and start with the ones I think that we could have done without. After reading through some of my classmates posts, I have to agree with Allie Rolnik when she said that we could have done without the books. I think the books would have been a good suggestion to buy, but I don't think that they were necessary when pertaining the the actual coursework. A lot of our work was hands on (which I loved!), but because of that we really didn't need the books to guide us along the way since we were essentially guiding and teaching ourselves day by day. However, I will say that if anyone wanted learn and read more about today's media that the books would serve as a great guide.

Hand-outs, however, are another story. I think the handouts are absolutely essential to the proper functioning of this course. Without the handouts, I feel like we would have been asking Professor Littau one million questions a day and therefore probably drive him up a wall. The handouts enabled us to properly work with Windows Movie Maker, blogs, and twitter. They were extremely detailed so that very few questions needed to be asked during lab time. So keep the handouts coming Professor Littau!

Finally, when it comes to the Kodak camera we used I absolutely loved it. I know some people say that we could have had a more expensive camera or maybe one that looked more professional, but I think this camera was just fine for what we were trying to accomplish. And yes, while the sound wasn't always completely clear that was easily fixed by attaching the lapel mic to the camera in one quick and easy step.

No comments:

Post a Comment