Friday, May 7, 2010

Remorse: The feeling I have leaving this Course

You know when people tell you about the one teacher who had a significant impact on their college career, the one teacher who really helped them? Yea well, I never felt that way. I mean I have liked teachers, but since I have left high school I have not found a teacher that I have deeply respected and genuinely liked conversing with.

..... that is until now.

In my eyes Professor Littau is one of the best things that has happened to Lehigh's journalism department in years. Before his presence in the department, most if not all the classes were tailored towards the idea of print journalism and theories/concepts. Professor Littau has designed a class that I think should be a requirement for all journalism students in the future.

His class was innovative, interactive, and enjoyable at the same time. It wasn't just hours of lecture from the professor and silence from the students like many of the courses I have taken here at Lehigh. It was thought provoking and hands-on, which enabled us to truly learn what were being taught.

As media is now looking more and more towards the internet, I believe that is it necessary for all journalism students to learn the ins and outs of social media by gaining experience from directly working with sites such as Twitter and Blogger. I also think that is is necessary to learn how to use a camera and edit film. All these skills will inevitably be practical down the road at some point in all our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment